DVFilm Maker/Atlantis Known Issues - Macintosh
Known issues and workarounds
- Maker/Atlantis does not work with Quicktimes exported from FCP
3. Export a self-contained FCP Movie file instead.
- Error 12 is being reported on some OS8 and OS9 systems. Our current release has a fix for that problem, go to DVFilm Updates for a free update.
- Maker/Atlantis does not process the entire movie, or processes
extra frames at the end. This occurs on raw video captured with FCP, but our current release
of DVFilm Maker (1.06c) has a fix for that problem, go to DVFilm Updates for a free update.
- Atantis copies a soundtrack much longer than it should be which
results in a lot of white frames at the end of the output movie. This is fixed in release 1.05d.
- Maker/Atlantis SaveAs function locks up or never finishes. Our current release has a fix for that problem, go to DVFilm Updates for a free update.
- Maker/Atlantis output file, when more than 2GB in size (roughly
10 minutes for DV-NTSC), cannot playback from start to finish
or cannot be imported into FCP. Maker/Atlantis must use 64-bit addressing when the output file
exceeds 2GB. Some installations of FCP or Quicktime may not be
able to read this type of Quicktime. Make sure you have done a
Full ("recommended" level) installation of QT5 or QT6 from the
CD-ROM or from the Apple website. Upgrade your editing program
to the latest version, if possible. If you still have problems
you may need to break up your film into clips of 8 minutes or
- The computer goes to sleep during processing of long movies (OS
9 version). Go to your System Menu->Control Panels and select the Energy Saver Control Panel. Select Show Details. Put all of the settings on "Never". Also be sure all screen savers are turned off.